Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 1996 13:28:23 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Plan for integrating Secure RPC -- comments wanted

> > Better to just fix the LKM mechanism to not need it...  There are ways
> > to do this, but they are all sort of unappealing.
>
> Yeah, I've heard the "move ld into the kernel" arguments too.
>
> That's why I was suggesting this as an interim work-around solution.

mmap() the loader into the address space of the moload process, and
call it from kernel mode.

The only real difference here is that PIC object file a.out headers
aren't read by the kernel, still, so you can pretend the loader is still
in user space if you are into ethnic purity...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.