Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 1997 22:49:43 -0600
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp server on ftp.cdrom.com

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Indeed.  And before anyone asks, no, he's not giving away the sources.

I don't need the sources, just _incite_ into how he limits the number
of anonymous users or more succinctly the number of ftpd processes. :)
Is the limit derived by a commandline switch to dg-ftpd?  Is it some
script magic elsewhere on wcarchive?  Or is it that he's figured out
how to limit it with FreeBSD's new login class routines?

BTW, I think Joerg mentioned that it might be a reasonable solution
to use the login class routines.  And before anybody starts throwing
darts at me (especially David Nugent), I haven't really looked into the
new login_* routines.  So I am not claiming that it would be difficult
to rework ftpd to use these routines, only that I haven't yet thoroughly
investigated all of my alternatives. :-)

Thanks, Steve

[remainder of message elided]