Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:04:08 +0200
From:      rainer@ultra-secure.de
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@pdx.rh.cn85.dnsmgr.net>, freebsd-xen@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Storage 'failover' largely kills FreeBSD 10.x under XenServer?

Am 2017-09-21 13:33, schrieb Karl Pielorz:
> --On 20 September 2017 11:15 -0700 "Rodney W. Grimes"
> <freebsd-rwg@pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net> wrote:
>
>> As you found one of these let me point out the pair of them:
>> kern.cam.ada.default_timeout: 30
>> kern.cam.ada.retry_count: 4
>
> Adjusting these doesn't seem to make any difference at all.

I asked myself already if the disks from Xen(Server) are really
CAM-disks.

They certainly don't show up with camcontrol devlist.

If they don't show-up there, why should any cam timeouts apply?

BTW: storage-failures also kill various Linux hosts.
They usually turn their filesystem into read-only mode and then you've
got to reboot anyway.