Date:      Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:25:25 +0200
From:      Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft@gmx.net>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: treading, devel/ice and ssl

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 02:18 +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:57:57 +0400 Boris Samorodov wrote:
>
> > I'm testing devel/ice with FreeBSD-5.4 and 6.0-BETA3. On both hosts
> > all tests went good without ssl. But if I use protocol = "ssl", tests
> > on both hosts hang when shutting down some server prosesses. Openssl
> > is from the base system.
>
> Actually, the problem is with devel/ice, ssl _and_ threading. When I
> use "threadPerConnection = 1" both hosts pass many tests, but
> processes hang:
>
> -----
> *** running tests in ./test/IcePack/simple
> starting icepack registry... ok
> starting server... ok
> starting client... ok
> testing checked cast... ok
> pinging server... ok
> shutting down server... ok
> shutting down icepack registry... IcePackRegistry: icepackregistry: error: exception in `IcePack.Registry.Internal.ThreadPool':
> IcePackRegistry: Network.cpp:263: Ice::SocketException:
> IcePackRegistry: socket exception: Invalid argument
> IcePackRegistry: icepackregistry: error: exception in `IcePack.Registry.Internal.ThreadPool':
> IcePackRegistry: Network.cpp:263: Ice::SocketException:
> IcePackRegistry: socket exception: Invalid argument
> IcePackRegistry: icepackregistry: error: exception in `IcePack.Registry.Internal.ThreadPool':
> IcePackRegistry: Network.cpp:263: Ice::SocketException:
> IcePackRegistry: socket exception: Invalid argument
> IcePackRegistry: icepackregistry: error: exception in `IcePack.Registry.Internal.ThreadPool':
> IcePackRegistry: Network.cpp:263: Ice::SocketException:
> IcePackRegistry: socket exception: Invalid argument
> ok
> -----
>
> <Ctrl>-C did nothing. But killing the process helps.
>
> > Did somebody succeed in testing devel/ice with ssl?
> ... and threading?

Sorry, I have the same issues. The test suite worked fine with Ice-1.3
IIRC. With later versions, I always got these strange hangs in make
test.

We decided to still submit the port in order to get more testing and
maybe someone could solve the problem.

You can try asking in http://www.zeroc.com/vbulletin/

The developers are usually quite helpful there.