Date:      Mon, 13 May 2013 20:44:45 -0400
From:      Joe <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>
To:        David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/jail.conf for automatically started jails listed in /etc/rc.conf

David Demelier wrote:
> Le lundi 13 mai 2013 16:32:01 Joe a écrit :
>> David Demelier wrote:
>>> Hello dear,
>>>
>>> Does jail.conf(5) does not work for jails listed in the rc.conf ?
>>>
>>> I've added in /etc/jail.conf:
>>>
>>> foo {
>>>
>>>     hostname=Foo;
>>>     path=/jails/foo;
>>>     allow.sysvipc=1;
>>>
>>> }
>>>
>>> And in /etc/rc.conf only foo in the jail_list parameter, but when I try to
>>> start the jail it still complain about missing hostname.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>> There are 2 methods for configuring jails.
>>
>> The legacy method which you put the jail config statements in the hosts
>> /etc/rc.conf file and start and stop control is done by the hosts
>> /etc/rc.d/jail script at boot time.
>>
>> The jail(8) method which has it's own jail config statements in the
>> hosts /etc/jail.conf file and uses the jail(8) program for starting and
>> stopping. You can create a jail.conf file for each jail(8) and start it
>> using  jail -c -f "/etc/jailname.jail.conf" and stop by issuing
>> jail -f "/etc/jailname.jail.conf" -r jailname
>>
>> You can not mix the 2 methods.
>
> My real problem is that I wanted to add allow.sysvipc only for *one* jail and
> I can't find a real solution by jail_* flags in /etc/rc.conf
>
> There is jail_allow_sysvipc but it enable it for all jails.

The jail(8) method does have a allow_sysvipc on a per jail basis. To use
it you have to use the jail(8) method. The 9.1-RELEASE legacy method is
a work in process to incorporate the jail(8) parameters into the rc.conf
config statements.

About the allow_sysvipc parameter, this breaks the security the jail is
designed to provide and should NOT be used on any jails having public
internet access.

What are you trying to do that you think you need to use the
allow_sysvipc parameter?