Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 16:04:14 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        hasty@netcom.com
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), dsherwin@cts.com (Daniel Sherwin), hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 probs? This the right place?

> > As Daniel Sherwin wrote:
> > >
> > > If I have a problem with a newly installed SNAP BSD version and my
> > > X-Windows, is this the right place to ask for help, or should I direct it

> > > to a XFree list?
>
> What is your problem?
>
> Also questions relating to Xfree should be directed to the
> XFree86 mailing list.

Huh?  I presume you're a good friend of Dan's or something, and this
entirely ad-hominem attack on him has some greater significance that
the rest of us just aren't in on?  He was gracious enough to ASK if
the mailing list was correct and when I informed him that the XFree86
project was the more correct place to go, he kindly thanked me and
redirected his question accordingly.  If your response was not in jest
than I think you owe him an apology - this kind of rudeness is neither
tolerated nor welcome on our lists, and if you can't be nice then I
strongly urge you to stay well out of the question-answering business,
at least where our good name is concerned.

Thank you.
					Jordan