Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 1995 19:38:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      bob@obiwan.pmr.com (Bob Willcox)
To:        gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: aic7xxx.c: Target Busy console messages

Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> >I have noticed that with my new AHA-2740 controller card I get repetitive
> >
> >ahc0: Target Busy
> >
> >Messages on the console when accessing my Exabyte 8200 tape drive.
>
> Did the probe say that it was a tagged queuing device?  Does the
> device actually work regardless of the messages?

No, it doesn't support tagged queueing (doesn't even support
synchronous xfers).  Seems to work ok with dump and restore, though
I am having problems with dd and haven't really sorted them out
just yet.

> >>From this, it sounds to me that this is a rather normal condition
> >and that the driver should simply reissue the command (periodically)
> >until successful.  Is this true of other devices as well?
>
> It does reissue the command.  It just doesn't happen that often so I log
> it to the console.

It happens quite often with this device :-(  I seem to be getting
10-12 of them whenever I run dump or restore to it.

--
Bob Willcox
bob@obiwan.pmr.com (or obiwan%bob@uunet.uu.net)