Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 1995 12:10:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [EISA] related matters

> The present scheme of allocating devices to one of a number
> of spl levels and configuring them by those queues is in my opinion, broken..
>
> it would seem to me that the whole situation would be simpler
> if we could simply let each device set a spl elvel individually,
> and only have a single list of devices (one for ISA).
It has always had me wondering why >I< had to tell config about spl-levels...

What we really should have is a TEXT_SET(device_probe...) and kill config...

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'