Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 1995 18:26:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        gene@starkhome.cs.sunysb.edu (Gene Stark)
Cc:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov, jmb@kryten.atinc.com, nate@trout.sri.mt.net, terry@cs.weber.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.org, phk@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: List management: DIGEST TIME?

> I'm not sure I see what the big deal is.  I have all the mailing list
> gated into newsgroups local to my machine, and I read the groups with
> with normal news reading software.  This keeps the clutter out of my
> mailbox, and allows me to see at a glance what the messages are about.
>
> 							- Gene

Hi Gene,

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that (while you and I and others
can certainly do this) not everybody wants to go to the effort to do this
correctly.  Ultimately, I'd bet it results in messages being "dropped" when
somebody starts leaking articles, etc. and the history mechanism starts
rejecting articles...

... Joe