Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 1995 10:11:57 +1000 (EST)
From:      clary@elec.uq.oz.au (Clary Harridge)
To:        smace@metal-mail.neosoft.com (Scott Mace)
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DISKLESS users become root

> I think if you make console in /etc/ttys be insecure, it will solve
> you problem.  This is require the root password to go into single
> user mode.  Without this, the console is a very insecure place...
>
> 	Scott
Thanks Scott but

No I am afraid that is not the problem.

Whether the console is secure or insecure makes no difference.

init receives the SIGINT and prompts for a shell only

It as if the define "SECURE" was undefined during the build
of /sbin/init but I can see that it is defined in the Makefile.

--
regards			Dept. of Electrical Engineering,
Clary Harridge		University of Queensland, QLD, Australia, 4072