Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 1995 12:52:12 +0400 (GMT+0400)
From:      Anthony Graphics <agl@mac.glas.apc.org>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@blaise.ibp.fr>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Is there any FAQ on thge serial in FreeBSD?

On Fri, 28 Apr 1995, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 10:09:26 +0200 (MET DST)
> From: Ollivier Robert <roberto@blaise.ibp.fr>
> To: Anthony Graphics <agl@mac.glas.apc.org>
> Cc: hackers@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: Is there any FAQ on thge serial in FreeBSD?
>
> > That's nice. Ok, is there any way to use getty with modem in
> > the command mode (i.e. ATS=3D0 and wait for "RING") so that it won't
> > pick up the phone when the system is down or shan't I be doing it?
>
> You don't want to do that really. You'd have to open /dev/cuaa0 as
> dialin device and it would defeat the purpose of bidirectionnal
> ports. Anyway, if DTR is down (AT&C1&D2) your modem even in auto-answer
> should not pick up the line.
>
> > >=20
Ok, now I see you guys do not like to put the modem into command mode,
well then, what's are the options telling getty to hangup if
the user has not logged in withing say 70 seconds?
Another problem: getty on ZyXEL immediately calls login :~-(

> I hate quoted-printable :-)
I hate it too, but it somehow makes its way into the outgoing mail ;-)
I guess it's an occassional cyrillic character
AGL