Date:      Sun, 14 May 1995 23:14:37 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@star-gate.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: make world & cvs

Amancio Hasty writes:
> Not sure what was the story here or why sup failed to update cvs properly
> several times till I moved over the cvs directory.
>
> If it helps here is the sup file which I used:
>
> gnu release=current host=SUP.FreeBSD.ORG hostbase=/home base=/usr
> prefix=/usr/src delete old

Hmm, you're the second person whose noticed this.  The 'old' option to
the sup file should have noticed the change, and the delete option
should have killed the file.  The only thing I can think of is that
somehow the permissions on the file were such that the 'sup' process
couldn't delete it with it's standard deletion routine.

Nate