Date:      Fri, 19 May 1995 11:17:18 +0200
From:      "Philippe Charnier" <charnier@lirmm.fr>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        davidg@Root.COM, hackers@FreeBSD.org, steve@simon.chi.il.us, martin@victor.innovus.com
Subject:   Re: Fix for 3C509 (ep) driver

Salut,

In the message Re: Fix for 3C509 (ep) driver,
"Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com> wrote :

>> Review please this patch (and commit it if you think it's OK).
>> It does:
>>
>> 1. Card is normally initialized after warm reboot from DOS. This
>>    part of patch is written by Steven E. Piette <steve@simon.chi.il.us>
>>
>>    Now it has no kdc_...(I forgot what exactly)... hook that is called
>>    on system halt because I'm still running 950210-SNAP what doesn't
>>    have this hook.
>>
>> 2. Card works OK with "plug-n-play" mode enabled too (ISA cards only).
>>    I'm not shure about EISA autoconfiguration procedure so I didn't
>>    changed it.
>>
>> Perhaps the same changes should be done with Netboot, but I don't have
>> its recent version.
>>
>> The patch is:

Using latest SNAP sources, and after applying (manually) the provided
patch:

- enable PnP in the bios and in the 3C509-TP
- power off and boot Dos
- test ok according to 3C5x9CFG
- ctrl-alt-del
- boot FreeBSD. the card is seen during the probe (was not without patch)
- reboot and start Dos
- test ok according to 3C5x9CFG
- ctrl-alt-del
- boot FreeBSD. the card is seen during the probe.
- ping ok.

Philippe Charnier                                      charnier@lirmm.fr

         LIRMM, 161 rue Ada, 34392 Montpellier cedex 5 -- France