Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 12:21:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      brian@mediacity.com (Brian Litzinger)
To:        Dick@Seaman.Chenequa.WI.US
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Cyclades Driver/Multi-port Serial Card

> I notice that the FreeBSD.FAQ lists the Cyclades card as having
> "alpha" drivers.  I also notice that cy.c hasn't been updated
> for over a month.  Should I infer from this that:

> A) There are known problems but work is not currently taking place, or

> B) There are no known problems, or at least not serious ones, and that
>    the code is still considered "alpha" because not enough users
>    have tested it? or,

> C) The "alpha" designation is now out of date?

> If the answer is B or C I would probably get the 8 port board
> and try it out.  If anyone knows a good place to get the board,
> I'd appreciate hearing suggestions.

I wrote cyb which is not alpha.  It is production and in use by ISPs
all over the place.  I submitted to FreeBSD several times, but it has
never been integrated into the distribution.  I've asked several times
about it and got no response.

You can get a copy for the driver from:

    ftp://MediaCity.Com/pub/brian/cyb2.0a.tar.gz

Brian Litzinger
brian@easynet.com