Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 1995 17:45:48 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Diagnostics for a hanging machine?

Also an older thread, but just my $ 0.02:

As Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> > 	Well, I spend about an hour with the machine trying to figure out
> > how to get it to recognize the controller as bt0.  No go.  How do I get the
> > BT742 into NON Adaptec 1542 mode?  I have it at 0x330, irq 12, and the bt0
> > device does *not* recognize it.  Once it's probed and fails, it picks it up
> > as aha0.  Any ideas?  Thanks for the help!
>
> Does it have an enhanced mode in the setup screen for it???? Can you
> send me the !BTxxxx.xxx EISA config file for it, I can probably figure
> it out from that.

I don't think it's got an `enhanced mode' entry in the config.  Once
i'm back at home, i can also mail you the EISA cfg file, should nobody
have done it yet.

My Bt742A is working with: ISA DMA emulation disabled; the non-default
value for the interrupt trigger method (edge triggering, i think); a
bus clock as close to 8 MHz as possible.  Burst mode does work, too.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/