Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 22:57:05 -0700
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
Cc:        jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sather-1.0.5

In message <199505240449.VAA03650@silvia.HIP.Berkeley.EDU>, Satoshi Asami | =?I
SO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?= writes:
>It seems like there is something wrong with the compilation order.
>How that can happen, I have no idea.

I'm not sure I follow your conclusions. I just started a build on
westhill (a P5-90 with an obscene ammount of memory) and judging by
the trace I saw, everything up to the

cd Boot/cs.code; make CC='gcc' CFLAGS='-O2' CS='cs'

was testing the machine configuration and calculating various bits and
bobs to do with machine-dependant support. Then it gets into the guts
of the compile.

Sather is a resource pig. Even on an otherwise idle P5-90, it takes a
long time to even generate the first stage test, and even longer to
run it. I would not be surprised to see it fail on Julian's box, and
it will certainly test the swap code on either thud or Julian's box as
the test executable grows rather large.

Also, Sather 1.0.6 is now out :-)

Gary