Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 1995 09:06:39 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        karl@Mcs.Net (Karl Denninger)
Cc:        gary@palmer.demon.co.uk, karl@Mcs.Net, tom@misery.sdf.com, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI disk wedge

Karl Denninger stands accused of saying:
> I understand this, but the problem has been manifest on two different
> configurations with different vendors of hardware, disks, and two different
> controllers.

Still haven't seen a list of disk model numbers, firmware revisions &
the like.  The Identify strings at startup would be a start.

> Do you really mean to try to tell me that two vendors have *identical*
> firmware problems?

Firmware problems with similar symptoms, sure.

> I rate the probability of that somewhere close to a comet hitting the earth
> today, especially when 2.0BSDI (which uses large transfer sizes and
> contiguous operations) has no such problem.

If you weren't in such a responsible position, (and I covered in shame
after my recent outburst) I'd fall off my seat reading this.

> Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity

You're still not helping; even after Rod has enumerated _painfully_
the list of things that are _needed_ to be known before anything
can usefully be done about your problem.

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[