Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 1995 08:35:42 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Thomas Gellekum <thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de
Subject:   Re: problem building lang/icon on 2.0.5R

J Wunsch wrote:

> As Thomas Gellekum wrote:
> >
> > And I refuse to describe my feelings about the Saxon dialect...
>
> So why?  Don't you know that hochdeutsch has been taken to more than
> 2/3 from Saxon? :-)

Can we please leave religion and Luther out of a religious dialect
war?

Anyway, I wasn't thinking of the vocabulary and grammar, but sound
and the pronounciation, which is probably what you're referring to
below.

> Ok, it's been a few hundred years ago... and agreed, i can't stand
> those people speaking that extremely slangy Saxon, even though i'm
> born and have grown in Dresden.

Is simply saying `fine' at this point considered good etiquette?

tg

--
"Güdendach Herr Wirt, gänsefleisch zwee Gölsch machn?"
		-- _Saddamalaaf_, The Piano has been Drinking