Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 1995 15:52:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Don's FList drop" <freelist@elf.kendall.mdcc.edu>
To:        Steven Wallace <swallace@ece.uci.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: modem q

On Thu, 24 Aug 1995, Steven Wallace wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a package that will allow you to send/receive
> voice messages in Unix so you can make your modem be an voice
> answering machine as well as a fax machine?

Mgetty+sendfax has some level of support for this - I haven't really
looked at it since I don't have the hardware to do it, but I skimmed by
the information when I set it up here. You can find it in the ports
collection, and since Jordan appears to be up on promoting the WWW
interface lately (:-) I'll tell you to read....

http://www.freebsd.org/Ports/comms.html