Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 1995 08:51:22 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        CACHO@mexicano.gdl.iteso.mx (Hector Gonzalez Jaime.)
Cc:        taob@io.org, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A moment in the life of ftp.cdrom.com

Hector Gonzalez Jaime. stands accused of saying:
> > network and round-robin FTP connections between the two?  I'd love to
> > see a FreeBSD system be the first on the net to advertise "maximum of
> > 1000 simultaneous logins".  :)
> > --
> > Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
>
> I think microsoft has won that race, their ftp system told me to go
> away last week, they had 1250 ftp users on line.

Yah, but have you tried to use it past the 600 mark?  Whatever it is just
loses its marbles as far as long-distance connections are concerned.
(At least, that's been my experience)

> Hector Gonzalez Jaime.

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[