Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 1995 17:31:07 +1000 (EST)
From:      michael butler <imb@scgt.oz.au>
To:        sos@freebsd.org
Cc:        serg@bcs1.bcs.zaporizhzhe.ua, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some patches to syscons

sos@freebsd.org writes:

> >   Second change append SCO console like font changing:
> >       ESC [ 10 m       - selects the primary font
> >       ESC [ 12 m       - selects seconds alternate font; toggles
> >                          high bit of extended ASCII code before
> >                          displaying as ROM sharacters
> >       ESC [ m
> >       ESC [ 0 m        + selects the primary font

> THanks! I'll get it into the sources...

ISC (which is supposed to be SCO-compatible) also has .. (extracted from the
display(7) man page) ..

  ESC[ 11 m   selects the first alternate font; lets
              ASCII characters less than 32 be
              displayed as ROM characters

 .. and ..

  ESCx    Where x is any of the 256 possible codes (except c,
          [, and H), displays that value uninterpreted.  This
          is useful for utilizing the full set of graphics
          available on the display.  Note again that the char-
          acters are processed through the terminal interface
          prior to this escape sequence.  Therefore, to get
          some of the possible 256 characters, it is necessary
          that the character not be postprocessed.  The easi-
          est way to accomplish this is to turn off OPOST in
          the c_oflag field (see termio(7)); however, this may
          have other side effects.

 .. are these in SCO ?

	michael