Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 1995 16:47:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Whatsup with cdrom.com ?

On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Charles Henrich wrote:

> For the past few days now I've noticed that cdrom.com appears to be much slower
> all of a sudden, has dropped its connection limit considerably, and has periods
> where all connections are refused (i.e. no ftpd).  Is this a new FreeBSD
> problem or hardware again?

Not that I am one to complain or anything, but since ftp.cdrom.com
upgraded to an FT-3 I would have expected all the limits to be broken, but
instead it looks like there are more in place. Its none of my business, so
I don't want to offend anyone. But I remember the older ftp.cdrom.com that
ran off a T-1 had 192MB of ram and supported 500 users. Now it seems
slower, is running on 128MB ram [hardware, I know] and has a T3 which
strikes me at the very least, as somewhat ironic.

-Jerry.