Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 1996 14:32:49 +0100 (MET)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Rock Ridge CDs, dir depth limits

> As Wilko Bulte wrote:
> >
> > > I assume you're using a Philips writer?
>
> > No, it is a x4 Yamaha (CDR100?). Will post the endresult
>
> Hmm, the Yamaha will require some more work.  It has an entirely
> different command set than the Kodak/Philips/HP/Plasmon drives.
>
> Have a look at my just commited driver changes.  Well, you should
> really see to get a SCSI reference from Yamaha.  Alas, that ain't that
> easy as it is for other vendors.  The last i've seen from them is that
> they have been asking for some sheet of paper with ``Estimated sales
> volume'', ``Size of your company'' and other crap.  Perhaps you could
> threaten them that all their competitors are giving this information
> away either freely or at a small cost, without asking that much
> useless things.

> cheers, J"org

Since the CDR is wired to an Alpha machine and the only FreeBSD machine
at work is my own workstation I think I'll be only generating the images
on FBSD and actually write these images to the CD with the AXP.

Don't expect experiments with the Yamaha and FBSD, I have other things
to do when at work :}

Wilko