Date:      Mon, 04 Mar 1996 22:53:54 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        Ted Wisniewski <ted@wiz.plymouth.edu>, bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DES missing from 2.2-960303-SNAP

> In the meanwhile ftp://ftp.internat.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2-960303-SNAP
> has a DES and eBones.

Thanks, Mark!

I must confess that the error was pretty simple.  I made the tree,
then I sanitized it for CDROM, then I ran out of space making the CD
image and pruned my FTP area away, forgetting that I'd not copied it
over yet!  I then figured "oh what the heck, I'm going to re-roll this
thing soon anyway" so I just copied over a re-arranged copy (basically
mv dists/* . && rmdir dists) of the CD to the FTP area.  Now those
that need DES can get it from South Africa and register a protest
against the stupid US ITAR policy at the same time.. :-)

Perhaps we should talk to someone like the EFF about providing funding
to get ZA a faster international link..  Then nothing would stand in
the way of their becoming a bastion of exportable encryption software
for the entire free world! :-)

					Jordan