Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 1996 15:52:41 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        "Richard Gresek" <rg@gds.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: routing with ppp / pppd

> I have ppp running as dial-in server.
>
> Everything works fine at the first connect.
>
> On the second connect I get the connection, ppp starts but I am not
> able to do a ping to the server's modem. Pings to all other machines
> do not come back either.

Details are always helpful, such as version, etc..

> I had to reconfigure my kernel with the option ARP_PROXYALL.

Why, it shouldn't be necessary?

In any case, all 4.4Lite derived systems had bugs in the ARP handling
code.  Bill Fenner fixed in it FreeBSD, and his fix exists in all newer
versions of FreeBSD, include -current and -stable.  If you aren't
running one of those versions, your best bet is to upgrade to one of
them which has the fix installed.

Nate