Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 1996 10:42:48 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Irvine Short <ishort@pcm.co.za>
To:        "Jay L. West" <jlwest@tseinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help!! Severe PPP problems!

I fixed a lot of problems by downloading the ppp code from stable. In my
case, I am using user ppp to connect our office LAN  to our ISP with this
code and a patch from Nate Williams to allow the -ddial option, or
dedicated dial mode.

It's been working great for 9 days now so I guess it'll stay that way.
This way using the -ddial option  if the link goes down ppp detects it
and immediately renegotiates the copnnection.

Cheers,

Irvine Short
ishort@pcm.co.za