Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 1996 10:04:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: interrupts and such

> >Noticed today on news.sol.net:
>
> >hummin# vmstat -i
> >interrupt      total      rate
> >clk0 irq0    16981562      261
> >rtc0 irq8     8308881      128
> >fdc0 irq6           1        0
> >sc0 irq1         1831        0
> >ed0 irq10     9768007      150
> >Total        35060282      540
>
> >What the heck, with clk0?
>
> The counter for clk0 interrupts is used to count all clock and pci

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, damn, nevermind, I remember someone mentioning that once, and
I filed it away in my bin of curiousities that promptly got forgotten.. :-(

> interrupts in non-current versions of FreeBSD.  You should upgrade
> that crufty ethernet card :-).

That's an SMC8013, that's not a "crufty ethernet card".  But if you're
volunteering, I will remind you that Solaria is a free public access UNIX
system and I encourage donations, so feel free to send me a nice PCI card.

:-)

... Joe

Solaria Public Access UNIX - Milwaukee, WI			   414/546-7968