Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 1996 14:55:07 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      sos@freebsd.org
To:        root@VexedVox.stud.pu.ru (Alexey Pialkin)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: DOS emulator; Silly questions ...

> > > 2. Has anybody gotten it to compile and work ???
> >
> > Apparently a couple people have.  I did a quick one-through on it, but
> > didn't pursue the 'PCCONS' stuff.  I suspect we'll see some more noise
> > on the lists when it gets more stable.
>
> The main problem with doscmd is a different way of signals support in
> FreeBSD & BSDI. BSDI uses syscall sigreturn and as i undestand it's parametrs
> & some internal realization much differ from FreeBSD realization. But a signals
> is very important part of VM86 emulation in doscmd.

They are not that different in this respect (yet), but you need to change
both the signal sending and the sigreturn functions to get this to work
Allso you'll need a couple of little asm helpfunctions to fiddle with
stack layout depending on what frame you want the system to belive
you are giving it.

> Yestaday i patch my kernel & make sigreturn to be able to setup VM86 but some
> time after i got Trap in kernel..:( Will try to fix it today....

This isn't real VM86 its an emulation of that...

Soren Schmidt             (sos@FreeBSD.org)             FreeBSD Core Team
               So much code to hack -- so little time.