Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 14:05:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Andrew Heybey <ath@bellcore.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Dell laptops

On Mon, 15 Apr 1996, Andrew Heybey wrote:

> Has anyone run FreeBSD and XFree86 on one of the Dell laptops?

We're running FreeBSD 3/23 snap on a Latitude LX.  We don't have enough
space to run X, but my guess is that it'll have to use the SVGA server,
since it uses Chips & Tech video.

> I'm
> considering one of the new 800x600 display versions, the Latitude XPi
> P90ST.  How about the PC Card modems & ethernets sold by Dell?  Are
> they relabeled versions of something else or is Dell actually selling
> their own?

The modem we got with the LX was a relabeled Megahertz, and we bought a
3Com 3c589.  If you use 10BaseT only, it's pretty cheap; the 10B2
tranceiver is big bucks.