Date:      Sun, 19 May 1996 13:30:22 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Toshihiro Kanda <candy@fct.kgc.co.jp>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Does /stand/sysinstall overwrite existing system?

>   I see, thank you.  What I really wanted to do is capturing the
> sysinstall screen images.  (My goal is publishing "Install guide" WWW
> pages with these graphics.)  I could do this by xv(l), kterm(1) and
> vga font came with pcemu(1); please see

Well, if you're willing to document the -current sysinstall instead
(or edit the screen-shots that look different, most menus are the
same), that version has a command-line switch called `-fake' which, if
specified, causes all the system modifying commands to be skipped.  It
basically just puts sysinstall into simulation mode (with lots of
debugging printfs going to the sysinstall.debug file) for someone
trying to test its control flow without blowing the underlying system
away. :-)

				Jordan