Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 1996 21:03:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dean Forester <deanf@www.durham.net>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: INN 1.4 unoff4 running on FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> 	scsi, i hope?  due to a bug in the 2.1R install diskettes
> 	*DO NOT* use teh install diskettes to disklabel the new drive
> 	*UNLESS* you remove the other drives and boot from the floppy.

The new drive is IDE, the 4Gb drive is SCSI..
So to disklabel the new drive disconnect all other drives from the
system, boot from the install floppy, and partition/disklabel, then
reinstall drives and reboot. Then add the proper mount entry into the
fstab??

> > 	 <please repeat the above sentence twice more> >
> 	when you disklablel the drive you can create another swap
> 	partition just like you did when you installed FreeBSD
> 	(swap spread over more disks is better anyways ;)
>
> 	consider moving the alt groups to the new drive.
> 	news hammers the hell out of disks.  more drive will
> 	make the news system run fasters.  beter 4 1GB drives than 1 4GB
> 	drives.

I am finding that the alt groups are accounting for about 70% of the
feed, therefore I will have to leave the alt groups on the 4Gb SCSI, but I
could put the other groups on the new drive.. I do plan on upgrading ALL of
the drives on the system to SCSI in the next month or so, but I have to make
do with what I already have until then. :-<

Thanks,

Dean Forester