Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 1996 13:35:35 -0600
From:      Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        reyes01@ibm.net
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Snazzier FreeBSD home page

    Francisco> I also recommend you drop all the advanced features
    Francisco> (Javascript?)  you are using on the page which are not
    Francisco> widely supported for most browsers.

Not so fast.  Consider first that Netscape Navigator is probably the
world's most popular browser, available on a wide variety of platforms
and with similar feature sets amongst the lot of them.  I think taking
a probabilistic approach here won't hurt.  That majority of the
audience would be more pleased to see us take advantage of their
browser's advanced features.

Besides, didn't Jordan say that there'd be a browser selection page?
Further, it's possible to configure the server to look for the browser
software in use in the HTTP request and deliver the appropriate page.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    kelly@fsl.noaa.gov