Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 23:37:53 +0000
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@munich.netsurf.de>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Stupid driver question...

Michael Smith writes:

>I'm sure I've seen this asked before, but I can't find or recall the answer.
>
>How can a driver tell whether it's being built in a 2.1 or 2.2 kernel?
>
>(More specifically, I have a driver I'd like to keep as a single file that
> needs to be built into 2.1R and -current kernels)

the way I handled this in the new ISDN code (which compiles under 2.1R,
-stable, -current and NetBSD) was to include <param.h> and then use
`#if BSD > 199306' for code which was restricted to -current. Of course,
this won't work for stuff which was brought into -stable from -current
but isn't in 2.1R. Luckily, there isn't any code in the ISDN stuff for
which this is true.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de