Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 1996 22:24:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3-button mice on laptops (was Re: FreeBSD keyboard)

>     Jeffrey> What about laptops?  I've been trying to find one with a
>     Jeffrey> 3-button mouse, but they're uniformly 2-button, except
>     Jeffrey> for RDI's sparc laptop.  Are there any pc notebooks which
>     Jeffrey> have an option for 3-button built-in mice?
>
> If you happen to find one, would you mind letting me (or the chat
> list) know?  I'd like to have a laptop, but no 3-button mice is
> definitely something holding me back.
>
> --
> Sean Kelly
> NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    kelly@fsl.noaa.gov
> Boulder Colorado USA                http://www-sdd.fsl.noaa.gov/~kelly/

The best thing I've found is the three-button PS/2 mouse used on IBM AIX
workstations and HP Xterminals.  Plugged into the PS/2 mouse port on
my Thinkpad -- instant three-button mouse.

I think Logitech makes them for HP and IBM...

The Thinkpad's TrackPoint is (unfortunately) only two button -- but they're
large and locking on my 365.

Bill
 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter  | 17 Meredith Drive, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724,
 908-389-3592                  | pechter@shell.monmouth.com
 I'll run Win95 on my box when you pry the keyboard from my cold, dead
 hands.  FreeBSD, OS/2, CP/M, RT11, spoken here.