Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 1996 09:56:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Douglas Ambrisko <ambrisko@tcsi.com>
To:        pechter@shell.monmouth.com (Bill/Carolyn Pechter)
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org, ambrisko@ambrisko.roble.com ("Ambrisko @ Home")
Subject:   Re: Socks5.conf file wanted

Bill/Carolyn Pechter writes:

| Anyone have a working socks5.conf file I could use as a template.
| I'm trying to replace fwtk with socks5 for IP masquerading
| here.

I'll send you a copy when I get home.  Make sure you are using beta 0.16.4.
it fully works "out of the box" on FreeBSD 2.1.5 & 2.2 with the LD_PRELOAD
thing.  You might want to check the web pages since I think he has some
samples there "www.socks.nec.com".  There is also a socks mailing list that
you can subscribe to on the web page since updates come fairly quickly.

BTW, I'm the guy that ported it to FreeBSD and have been sending in patches
to make sure it continues to works when new features have been added.  The
only thing I haven't been able to test is the Real Audio support.

Also be careful since the port of it in the ports collection uses the
config. stuff in "/usr/local/etc", where the one straight from NEC uses
the stuff in "/etc".

Doug A.