Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 1996 13:19:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      batie@agora.rdrop.com (Alan Batie)
To:        gfoster@gfoster.com (Glen Foster)
Cc:        Jerker@ejka.se, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tape streamer

> I have put several HP-35480 DATs in client machines with excellent
> results, these are about $650 new in box.  I like this drive a lot but
> it is a little pricy for some uses.

Yes, I've been quite happy with mine for 2-3 years now, but...

Recently it developed read/write errors.  I called HP and opted for the
Express Repair option: for $35 addditional, they ship me a refurbished drive,
and I ship back my old one, thus getting fast turnaround.  It's now been
almost a month, and I've still not gotten it.  They say they don't have
any because they're in such demand, but they started shipping out backlogs
last Thursday and Friday.  If mine doesn't arrive today, I'm going to have
to cancel the damn repair and go buy another drive, and it won't be an HP.
I've waited far too long as it is.

--
Alan Batie                   ______      We're Starfleet officers:
batie@agora.rdrop.com        \    /      Weird is part of the job.

It is my policy to avoid purchase of any products from companies which
use unrequested email advertisements or telephone solicitation.