Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 15:18:33 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        sameer <sameer@c2.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org

[ Changed to just -mobile ]

> 	I've been using a relatively recent 2.2-current (a few weeks)
> with minor changes to pccardd on my Thinkpad 560. I just now added
> 32mb to it (it has 8mb before) and when it probes the apm device on
> boot it panics. Booting a 2.1.5-RELEASE GENERIC kernel works fine.
>
> 	I am lame and didn't copy down the panic data. Any idea what
> is wrong? (I'll copy down the panic data later today)

Copy down the panic data, but a change I made last week (??) may have
fixed the bug.  The fix is as fllows:

revision 1.201
date: 1996/09/03 18:50:36;  author: nate;  state: Exp;  lines: +48 -30
Cleaned up version of my 'extended BIOS' patch.  This one is commented
better and much simpler to understand, and works just as well (better)
as a bonus.

Submitted by:   bde
----------------------------
revision 1.200
date: 1996/09/01 02:16:07;  author: nate;  state: Exp;  lines: +33 -6
If the basemem value supplied by the bootblocks, differs from the value
returned by the RTC, use the bootblock supplied value.  Also, map the
'stolen by BIOS' memory in the same manner as the ISA-hole memory, since
it is really an extenstion of the BIOS.  This is necessary for 32-bit
BIOS functions such as APM support on laptops, and the loss of memory
for non-necessary functions seems to be at most 4k.

I also changed apm.c to remove the 'hack' solution to this.

Nate