Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 1996 02:17:20 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        dyson@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VM/kernel problems?

Hi, Reference:
> From: "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
> >
> > I managed to zap my 2 machines here with current of a couple of days back,
> > I got lots of sig 11s & 6s, & some free/malloc complaints,
> > then I broke new things while fixing other things.
> > I'm rebuilding now with old current binaries, then doing a make with 2.1.5
- src/
> > then will crawl back to current of a week or so ago, or maybe back to
> > brand new current, once John D announces an OK.
> >
> > Synopsis: I'll confirm: don't use current of a few days ago folks, it bites
-  !

> Maybe I have made a mistake.  For a while, I had warned the -current
> mailing list before making my "commit."  I will resume that procedure.

That'd be nice.  I'm certainly not complaining, one expects some volatility
in current, but potential storm warnings where possible, are nice :-)

BTW  I rebuilt with a 	cvs export -D1-Sep src	 & that got both boxes stable,
so I'm now taking 1 of my 2 boxes right up to current.

> I hope to have a dual p6, so
> watch out SMP guys :-)...  It will also be a second machine to do more
> complete testing on.

In theory I have 2 boxes, 1 stable (lower case) & 1 current, but actualy
both were current to the same bad time window, so I was off line for a while.

Keep up the good work John :-) kernel people are hard to find !

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/