Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 17:28:51 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Andrew Stesin <stesin@gu.net>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
Cc:        firewalls@greatcircle.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SYN floods - possible solution? (fwd)

Hello,

be it Alpha or Intel, the most interesting question
lays in another area:

	would Panix pay someone (Darren ?) for the implementation
	of such a BSDaemonish "spoof-buff" device  8-)
	for them -- or not?

The answer will have a direct consequence of -- will we see it
working in reality or not?  Otherwise the whole hardware
discussion is pointless.

BTW as I was pointed already, I overlooked at least one
very important (but hopefully not critical) technical detail...

	Best,
		Andrew Stesin

	nic-hdl: ST73-RIPE

On Fri, 13 Sep 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> A P6 should give you much better through-put than a 200MHz P5 (and it
> still has room to grow).  Not only that, but 200MHz P6s are cheaper
[...]