Date:      Wed, 09 Oct 1996 18:34:06 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Masafumi NAKANE/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ldconfig problem

> Guess what!  Things are getting worse.  (At least it seems to me that
> way.)  I started up gdb and and did ``help set'' to find out some
> stuff.  Gdb gave me the first page of the help screen as usual, but as
> I hit return key to go onto the next page, it died on signal 3 with
> following message after showing the second page:
>
>     gdb internal error: Memory corruption
>     Quit (core dumped)
>
> This error is not affected by ld.so.hints change.  It happens
> regardless of whether kaffe runs or not.  So, I guess now we have to
> do some investigation on gdb.... ;_)

Gdb does that on my -current system too.  I last updated the system a
few days ago, on October 5.

I copied the -current libc.so.3.0 onto my -stable system, and then
executed the -current gdb from there.  So that was using the dynamic
linker and ld.so.hints from -stable, and the gdb, crt0.o and libc from
-current.  It still got the same error.

I have a feeling that this particular problem is unrelated to the
dynamic linker.  It's just a feeling, though.  I'm not sure yet.

John