Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:35:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        brian@mediacity.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cyrix P133 + 2.2-961014-SNAP not going well

On Sat, 26 Oct 1996 brian@mediacity.com wrote:

> When I try to install from floppy is tends to PANIC at various
> points.

ie, what?

What was the panic text?

> I boots ok, but during the 'cleaning' of the filesystems before mount
> it invariably gets a message about a missing wdc0 interrupt and
> then another similar message which includes '(do_dam)' and hangs.

I think you meant 'no_dam' which is OK.  However, we do need to know the
whole text of the message to know exactly what went wrong.

You may have bad memory or cache memory, although it depends on what it
panics on.

> It this CPU and 2.2-961014-SNAP supposed to work?

Should, if it's i386 compatible.

I think it's more than the CPU though.