Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 14:15:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP Kernel problems

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Steve Passe wrote:

Hi Steve and everyone,

> >	Oh okay so after your commit, would it be turned off?  I guess I
> >can just wait until the next merge of -current =)
>
> SMP_SYMIOXXX is turned OFF in the current version of apic.h, ie:
>
> #define SMP_SYMIOXXX_NOT
>
>   If this is not true let me know and I will go to freefall and fix it.  It
> shouldn't have anything to do with -current.  I'm guessing your friend
> edited apic.h to turn it on.  I suspect the new APIC_IO will also be OFF by
> default for some time, there are A LOT of issues to be ironed out b4 it
> will work on some of the more 'unique' hardware out there...

	Mines said SMP_SYMIOXXX so it's turned on.... It's not my friend
since all he does is turn the machine on and off ;)  I'm the one who runs
the machine remotely and keep the machine working in a happy form...  I
just saw Peter commit the fix since he accidentally turned it on...

Vince
GaiaNet Corporation - Unix Networking Operations - GUS Mailing Lists Admin