Date:      Tue, 03 Dec 1996 12:06:22 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Gunther Hipper <gunther@informatik.uni-rostock.de>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Great !

Gunther,

> This is great news for me - since 19:50 MET the SMP kernel is
> __UP__ and __RUNNING__ ! No more IDE-problems !

its even greater news to me, I was about to go out and buy an IDE
drive to try and figure out what the f*^& was happening!

Important: for the record, do you have APIC_IO and IDE working?

---
> What was the reason ?

it was *caused* by our attempts to autostart the 2nd CPU, as to the
*reason*, I'd consider giving up my right arm to know why...

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD