Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 1997 22:55:34 -0500
From:      Andrew Herdman <andrew@why.whine.com>
To:        "Alex G. Bulushev" <bag@sinbin.demos.su>
Cc:        alexis@ww.net, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipip for FreeBSD

On Fri, 7 Feb 1997, Alex G. Bulushev wrote:

> > Greetings,
> >
> > 	Does anyone knows of location of an ipip daemon or other
> > ip tunnerling software for FreeBSD? Please let me know.
> > 							alexis
> > --
> > 		It's all the same, only the names will change
> >

> ftp://ftp.ru/pub/hamradio/packet/tcpip/linux/ipip.tar.gz
> 				       ^^^^^ this is not correct ...
> this is port from bsd to linux with original ...
> it works fine, i test it under fbsd 2.1.0 & 2.1.5 between two PC
> and between PC and cisco ...
>
>    Alex.

I grabbed this package and have found the documentation sparse.  I am
trying to build a tunnel between my freebsd box and a cisco router.  I've
spent a lot of time building ipip tunnels between cisco routers, but for
the life of me cannot figure out what to do with the ipip program to get
one working.  I have the tun drivers installed in my kernel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
  Andrew