Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 14:42:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@inna.net>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        Thomas Arnold <tom@inna.net>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New BT848 driver 0.2

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Steve Passe wrote:

> I couldn't find any technical specs on the STB web site, so am I
> correct in assumming that this card (STB TV PCI) also uses the BT848 chip?

> What connectors does this board have on the card, audio/video/???

> Have you got any info on the tuner section, ie how to program it?

> Do these cards hook-up to the primary video card thru the "feature
> connector", or is everything done thru the PCI bus?

The card is indeed bt848 based.  Tom called STB today for a book on the
card, from I could tell, they are quite willing to give out necessary
info to interface with the card.  The card uses the pci bus to move all
it's data.  It's not a bad card, and it comes with nice Wintel drivers as
well.  It takes coax or s-video in.

Jamie Bowden

Network Administrator, TBI Ltd.