Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 08:16:16 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freefall.freebsd.org, lewiz@netcom.com
Subject:   Re: misc/2795: Cyclades 8YO -- Not working under 2.1.6-STABLE (fwd)

>> David, this might be the problem -- the latest driver on the Cyclades
>> ftp site may not be the latest driver.  Marcio has now sent me the
>> driver you sent him recently.  I'll install it and let you know.
>> Thank you for your quick responses.
>
>You probably don't want the latest driver.  The one in 2.1.6 is the
>best avaiable for 2.1.6 as far as I know (I wrote it).

   I back-ported the driver that went into -current shortly after adding
support for PCI, the 16Y, and lots of controllers. Since the user is
apparantly not needing any of those features, the driver in 2.1.6/2.1.7
should be sufficient. In any case, I made the port available to Cyclades
and it's what they have on their FTP site.

-DG

David Greenman