Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:46:17 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Mikhail A. Sokolov" <mishania@demos.su>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        bag@sinbin.demos.su, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q about 100Mb ether cards

>    Yes, this is a known bug in the "rev 1" version of the 82557 chip. The
> receiver goes dead whenever it gets certain types of garbage. It should be
> fixed in "rev 2" versions, but I haven't verified this.

You mean we can threw rev. 1 away ? Btw, what's the methodics to determine
if the beast I am buying in local store is rev. 1 or 2? Re to the situation
hub reboots and ethernet card kinda 'freeze', - is there any possibility to
implement some kind of software reset into the driver? The problem the machine
is 50km away from here :-(

> -DG
>
> David Greenman
> Core-team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project

-mishania