Date:      Wed, 09 Apr 1997 15:14:11 -0600
From:      rpanula@dacmail.net (Russ Panula)
To:        "Pat McPartland" <mcp@blast.net>
Cc:        "Blaine Minazzi" <bminazzi@denverweb.net>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: smc9332 and freeBSD  2.1.5  problems

Hi Pat,

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997 15:42:37 -0400, "Pat McPartland" <mcp@blast.net>
wrote:

>These cards are PCI cards.  How would I set the kernel to find these cards?
> How does the kernel handle PCI?

Within your kernel config file you should be able to specify:

controller pci0
device de0
device de1

And the cards should be detected.  Some bios setups will let you
assign IRQ's manually to the cards.

Make sure you are using the correct ethernet port on the card.  Try
adding -link2 or link2 to your ifconfig statements.