Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 1997 12:29:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, nate@mt.sri.com, cvs-all@freefall.freebsd.org, CVS-committers@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-user@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib Makefile

On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Peter Wemm wrote:

> > >Just about.. :-]
> >
> > Can it be built to use tcl if tcl is gone at build
> > time but present at run time?
>
> I'd rate that as "you couldn't count on it".  There might be a libtcl in
> the library path, and the <tcl.h> includes might still be around, but it'd
> be at the risk of running into stale stuff.  I presume this is what you
> meant?  (ie: src/contrib/tcl missing, but otherwise installed on the system)

Is there some way we could all agree on the location of the tclConfig.sh
and tkConfig.sh files, that ports could also use?  That way, you could
just read the relevant data from those files directly, no matter what the
particular installation did.  That's what those files are for ...

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |