Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 02:24:01 +1000
From:      David Nugent <davidn@unique.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mutt ?  (Mail package, like elm)

On Fri Apr 18 12:02:33 EST 1997, J Wunsch writes:
> > > Joerg Wunch, Ollivier Robert, myself are three.  And I know there are
> > > others because I peroidically get email about the mutt port.
> >
> > What are people doing about the background problem?  rxvt and slang?
>
> Which background problem?  I'm running Mutt in a plain xterm (color),

Same here, although I do run the xterm with -bg gray90 and
use a color-on-white palette. The gray90 is roughly what
libslang uses for its "gray" background, so it avoids any
difference between the default background and whatever
libslang uses. This problem, however, was more noticable
in earlier versions of mutt, and when I recently ran it
without the -bg gray90 I only noticed a couple of places
where the default background sneaked in.

> and as i wrote previously, the most annoying thing by know is the
> resize bug.  I've noticed that the lucidatypewriter fonts choke on the
> line drawing characters used in the thread display, but the default
> fonts for xterm grok it so i figure it's not exactly Mutt's fault.

Yes, you have to override your termcap entry. ~/.termcap is
your friend. :)

Under X I run mutt out of a script ("xmutt" :-)) which does
some fiddling with environment values including $TERM, so
that the line drawing is correct for both mutt and the
external editor.

Regards,

David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547  Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507  3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@freebsd.org davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn/